Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Beginnings and Goodwill Finds

This week marks a few new beginnings. For one, this is my first blog post....EVER! That, in my mind, is reason enough to celebrate. It's taken me quite a while to work up the motivation to start this blog, so I am glad to finally see it coming together. 


The second "new beginning" is not actually [entirely] new, but still brings big changes. This past Monday marks the start of a new semester in college, and the end of what I would consider one of the best summers of my life. Let's just say...
A LOT
of things happened! 2 weddings, 3 room makeovers, a new place, VBS, and heatstroke, you name it and it probably happened this summer. Even though this summer was wonderful, I am ready to move on from suntans to schoolbooks.

When school is about to start, I like to treat myself to some new wardrobe items, so last week I made it over to goodwill and hunted down some pretty [and CHEAP] clothing that I'll be showing off for you here.

Dress + Leopard Cardigan: Goodwill Industries
Sandals: Target
Handbag: Apt 9 purchased at Kohl's
Owl Pin: Garage sale find

The dress and cardigan were my only two clothing purchases at Goodwill, but I wanted to share with you a few other neat finds that they are selling right now. (Keep in mind these are new items, not used so every Goodwill in the Dayton area would have them.)
First are these cute adorable strawberry hair clips. They come in a pack of four and cost around a dollar. I couldn't resist.
Second is this amazing, clear domed umbrella! I had been eyeing them on Modcloth for some time now, but was NOT  willing to spend $16 on, well, anything. After deciding against buying this online, I found an even cuter dome umbrella brand new at Goodwill for $5.49.
Tell me that isn't a steal! 


Happy Thrifting,
Jenny

3 comments:

  1. Love LOVE your first blog post. Love Goodwill and thrifting too!
    Blog on matey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know you are the queen of getting a good deal, so your compliments mean a lot!

      Delete
  2. Go Jen! Great blog – got your RSS feed on my phone now ;) Can't wait to see what other cool finds you post!

    ReplyDelete

 
http://www.buttonshut.com/
movie posters
http://www.buttonshut.com/
movie posters
http://www.buttonshut.com/
movie posters
Site Design By Designer Blogs